Best Summer “Car-B-Qs”
August 4, 2020
Looking for a fun summer activity? Nothing better than a good old fashioned BBQ. Enjoy some of our favorite car themed BBQs or “Car-B-Qs”. Hopefully this inspires you to get outside and start grillin’! Read below to find a recipe for honey chipotle ribs that will be perfect for your auto themed BBQ.
This classic Fiat 500 turned grill is a beautiful model, complete with hooks for your tools and side tables. Not only is this perfect for the auto enthusiast, but is also highly functional for all your grilling needs.
This is another sweet ride repurposed for some serious grilling space.
For all the Volkswagen diehards out there, this is the perfect grill for you. It is a must have for this summer’s BBQ.
Any BMW lovers ready to get grillin’?
Not a Car-B-Q, but this car themed grill is still fantastically unique and will definitely steal the show at your next summer BBQ.
Honey Chipotle Ribs
- 6 pounds pork baby back ribs
- 3 cups ketchup
- 2 bottles (11.2 ounces each) Guinness beer
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 4 teaspoons ground chipotle pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
1) Wrap ribs in large pieces of heavy-duty foil; seal edges of foil. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until tender.
2) In a large saucepan, combine sauce ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for about 45 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
3) Carefully remove ribs from foil. Place over direct heat; baste with some of the sauce. Grill, covered, over medium heat for about 30 minutes or until browned, turning once and basting occasionally with additional sauce. Serve with remaining sauce.
1 serving: 515 calories, 21g fat (8g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 1674mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (49g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein.