6th Annual C10 Club & Friends Toy Drive
November 22, 2021
We’re excited to announce that the C/10 Club will be holding their 6th Annual Toy Drive at the Pomona Swap Meet & Classic Car Show on Sunday, December 5th, from 5am to 2pm!
The C10 Club does a fantastic job organizing this toy drive every year. Come out with your family and friends to enjoy the Pomona Swap Meet and heartwarming toy drive. We can’t wait to be a part of it again this year!
The Club will be collecting new toys and sports equipment. All donations will go to the ABC7 and Southern California Firefighters Spark of Love Campaign. Help us celebrate the 29th year of the Spark of Love Toy Drive – the largest community toy drive in the nation. Read below for other ways you can donate this year!
How to Donate:
- 1) Drop off a new, unwrapped toys or sports equipment at your local fire station. (Subject to change anytime due to public health protocol.)
- 2) Text to Give: Text “SPARK” to 24365
- 3) Donate online by going to supportlafd.kindful.com to make a donation via credit card.
- 4) Drop off a new, unwrapped toy or sports equipment at your local Subaru Retailer.
- 5) Donate by mail: Send checks to LAFD Foundation, Frank Hotchkin Memorial Training Center, 1700 Stadium Way #100, Los Angeles, CA 90012. Make checks out to LAFD FOUNDATION. Write SPARK OF LOVE in the memo line.
- 5) Buy a T-shirt: ABC7 has teamed up with local muralists to create exclusive Spark of Love-themed t-shirts. ABC7 will donate 100% of its proceeds from Snow Commerce’s sale of these t-shirts to support our 29th annual toy drive. Check them out at abc7.com/shop.
Toys will be sent to the Spark of Love Toy Central at Los Angeles City Fire, where they will be sanitized, sorted and distributed evenly to Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Orange, Ventura and Riverside counties. All proceeds will go to buying toys or sports equipment for the children and teens in need.
This special community campaign collects new, unwrapped toys and sports equipment for children and teens in need in Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Orange, Ventura and Riverside counties. Over the past two and a half decades, the Spark of Love Toy Drive has successfully collected more than nine million toys! Due to the effects of the pandemic and devastating wildfires, the community partners anticipate this year’s requests for toys will reach higher than ever.
The Spark of Love toy drive will begin on Monday, November 15, 2021 on our digital platforms and on-air throughout the ABC7 newscasts. This year, we will host five “Stuff A Bus” Toy Collection Drive Thru Events starting Friday, December 3rd, where our viewers and participants can drop-off their new, unwrapped toys or sports equipment. The toy drive will run through December 24, 2021.
Now, for those of you who aren’t familiar with the C/10 Club, well, they’re just a bunch of regular people who are into classic trucks. Obviously, they’re mostly into Chevy C10 pickup trucks, but they welcome anyone with a Chevy or GMC truck (think Blazer, Jimmy, Suburban, panel trucks, etc.). Really, the Club just wants to have a good time, with good people. The Club’s motto of “no dues, few rules, and no hard commitments” pretty much sums it up! If you’re into classic American trucks, you can check out the Club’s Instagram page to see what they’ve been up to lately, or come out and meet them in person at the Toy Drive in Pomona on Sunday, December 5th! Come be apart of a wonderful cause.