Halloween Trunk or Treat
October 12, 2020
2020 has been a complicated year for social events, and with these complications we are finding new safe ways to celebrate holidays. As Halloween approaches this year, we have a few tips on how to host a socially distanced “trunk or treat”. A “trunk or treat” is the perfect way for families to enjoy not only their favorite ride, but also their favorite Halloween tradition. Read below for some steps you can take to ensure a safe and happy Halloween this year.
Socially Distant Trunk or Treat Check List
- Recruit a set number of cars or trucks as any trunk size or bed of a pickup will work.
- Create a timed entry schedule to figure out what your attendance limit will be.
- Create a map of where vehicles will be with plenty of space between.
- Advertise with information about reserved time slots, social distancing and mask wearing.
- Package candies or little favors in treat bags for easy distribution.
- Create signage to direct the flow of traffic.
- Draw arrows and x’s on the ground to keep social distancing.
- Mask up and enjoy!
Things You Need for a Trunk or Treat Event During COVID
- Social distancing signage and directional arrows or sidewalk chalk.
- Individually wrapped treats.
- Goodie bags to distribute treats or trinkets.
- Disposable masks.
- Sanitization stations.
- Trunk or Treat car decorations.
Trunk or treating may look different this year, but with some precaution we will be able to keep the tradition alive! Be sure to include your classics and get your car clubs organized in this super fun activity. Stay safe and have a happy Halloween.